Tuesday 10 July 2012

Summer notes

Thinking about holiday destinations? You don't need to take it so far as this:

Mars, by NASA

There are cheaper options just as interesting.
Back in 1991 A.D., the Iron Curtain recently fallen and with just a few bucks in my pocket, I took my backpack and embarked on a fascinating journey across Europe for a whole month, it was Interrail.

©Kheng Guan Toh

Sleeping at train stations, park benches or, for a luxurious bed and shower, youth hostels, I saw most of the capital cities of the Old Continent and met some very interesting people.
Wondering if the system was still available I found this, and saw that there are no age restrictions now to see the world on rails. Take it as a suggestion, it's a kind of travel worth trying, particularly now that your muscles and bones are still flexible and enduring.




But if you prefer the beach, just mind your back, as shown in this disturbing picture:




Have a nice summer !!