Sunday 10 February 2013

The story of two buddies

"When James Bowen found an injured, ginger street cat curled up in the hallway of his sheltered accommodation, he had no idea just how much his life was about to change." The Guardian.

'He's faithful to the core': James Bowen and Bob. Photo: Sophia Evans

"Bob turned up at my flat one day and, after he'd been sitting on my doorstep for three days, I invited him in. He had a leg injury – he'd been attacked by a fox – so I had him treated, and I tried to find who he belonged to but nobody showed any interest. We just had a connection. He kept following me around, and it became natural for us to stick together."

Last year's bestselling book: A Street Cat Named Bob

"It was Bob who gave me the determination to knuckle down and get over it. Using drugs is a selfish thing; Bob gave me something else to focus on."

A very, very fine story. Read the full interview here.